Rwanda Tourist Visa:
From 1st Jan 2018, Nationals of all countries receive visa on arrival at Kigali International Airport and all land borders.
Citizens of countries members to the following international organizations; African Union, Commonwealth and La Francophonie get visa upon arrival and are waived visa fees for a visit of 30 days. These include;
Albania, Algeria, Antigua and Barbuda, Armenia, Australia, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Belgium, Botswana, Brunei Darussalam, Burkina Faso, Bulgaria, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Cambodia, Comoros, Congo, Cyprus, Dominica, Djibouti, Egypt, Eswatini, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, France, Gabon, Grenada, Greece, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, India, Kiribati, Jamaica, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Malaysia, Malta, Mauritania, Maldive, Monaco, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, New Zealand, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Principality of Andorra, Romania, Republic of Macedonia, Saharawi Republic, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Switzerland, Togo, Tunisia, The Bahamas, The Gambia, Tonga, Tuvalu, Trinidad and Tobago, Saint Lucia, St Vincent and The Grenadines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, United Kingdom, Vietnam, Vanuatu, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
A citizen of East African Community Member States (Burundi, Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania and South Sudan) shall be issued a pass/entry visa free of charge upon arrival to stay for the period of six months.
The following countries to be granted 90 days valid visa free of charge upon arrival: Angola, Benin, Central African Republic, Chad, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, The Federation of Saint Christopher and Nevis, Ghana, Guinea, Indonesia, Haiti, Mauritius, Philippines, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Sao Tome and Principe, Singapore and the state Qatar.
Requirements and other useful info for entry/obtaining Visa to Rwanda;
- Passport must be valid for six months after the date of entry into Rwanda. Travelers should have at least five (5) blank pages. Visa pages referred to do not include those reserved for Endorsements, Amendments or Observations.
- You may apply at the Rwanda Diplomatic Missions of the country of residence before departure. Please check with our office for guidance – firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and how to pay;
- 30 day tourist visa USD 50 (single entry)
- Multiple entry visa USD 70
How to pay:
- You can either pay online or cash upon arrival. Please follow this link for detailed and easy instructions on how to pay online.
- Credit cards are generally accepted at the Kigali International Airport but are not accepted at some land borders. Adventure Consults recommends that travellers arrive at any point of entry with sufficient cash in U.S. dollars to pay for the visa in case credit card transactions are not possible at the time of your arrival.
- If you opt to pay on arrival, please bring your printed visa confirmation and dollar notes to be paid at the airport/any point of entry on arrival. Remember to bring crisp, fifty-dollar US bill or changed bills (dated 2013 or later).
Health Requirements and vaccinations;
- Yellow fever vaccination if entering from a country where yellow fever is endemic and/or where there is an active outbreak of yellow fever.
- In the event of a major disease outbreak, specific requirements could be set and put to the knowledge of the public.
Please check with our office for any assistance that might be required – email@example.com